|Professionally Written Resumes: $80-$349||High: Custom Tailored Resumes Can Run $230-$700; Executive Services Can Run $2,500+|
Many job seekers decide that hiring a professional to write and edit their resumes and cover letters is the best way to help them stand out to prospective employers. These services can range from basic resume editing to packages that can include online posting and job interview coaching.
Related articles: Corporate Relocation, Long Distance Mover, Employment Contract, Life or Business Coach
- Professionally written resumes range from about $80 to $349. Most full-service packages, which can include cover and thank-you letters tailored to prospective employers, can cost between $229 and $699. Resume Crafters offers its standard service for $80. For example, ResumeWriters.com sells packages starting at $269. Many professional resume writers will also create a cover letter, which adds about $60 to the cost of the resume itself.
- High-end "executive" resume services, which can include in-depth consultation and interview and salary-negotiation coaching, can cost $2,500 or more.
What should be included:|
- Services can vary, ranging from basic editing of a pre-written resume to custom jobs based on in-depth questionnaires. For example, Best Impression offers a resume-distribution service and a variety of coaching options.
- Many resume writers offer consultations in person or by phone and e-mail. For example, Writing Wolf in Seattle and A Blue Ribbon Resume in San Jose, Calif., will meet clients in person or by phone and e-mail.
- A professional writer keeps abreast of hiring trends and can write or edit a resume to fit their client's field, experience and education, according to Certified Resume Writers , a leading trade group with members nationwide.
- Services vary depending on the client and can range from creating an entirely new resume to updating an existing one.
- Specialized assistance is available for students and entry-level professionals, experienced workers, academics and those making the transition from the military to the private sector. Knowledge, skills and abilities statements, a form of resume needed for some federal jobs, are also available. For example, Federal Prose specializes in services for those seeking employment in the federal government.
- Many professional resume writers offer a variety of extra services, with writing or editing a cover letter being the most common.
- Thank-you or follow-up letters are available separately for $30-$40. Some resume services, such as A Perfect Resume , will send a thank-you letter for free with purchase of one of its packages.
- For $195, Great Resumes Fast assists clients in developing their LinkedIn profiles.
Shopping for resume services:
- Some professional resume writers offer discounts for returning customers. Resume Writers , for example, offers a $90 resume update for existing clients. Resume Edge offers a build-your-own-resume tool for $30.
- Several certifications exist for specialized resume preparation. Certified Resume Writers contains links and descriptions to the different certifying bodies and the requirements for each.
- Certified Resume Writers also maintains a directory of professional resume writers .
- The Wall Street Journal offers tips for finding a professional resume writer .
7 Lesser-Known Discounts for the 50+ Crowd
As they age, members of the Baby Boomer generation don't like to admit that they're senior citizens, but they love getting discounts. It's kind of a quandary, because some of the best deals available are reduced prices for older folks. || Posted October 21 2013
10 Most Popular Cosmetic Procedures Before the Holidays
With reunions and other get-togethers scheduled during the holiday season, most people want to look their best at this time of year. For some, that means filling in those wrinkles with a bit of botox, or having a nip and tuck down here and there. || Posted November 23 2013
What People Are Paying - Recent Comments
More Personal Finance Topics
Search Thousands of Topics on CostHelper.com